Learn Data Science at University of Hawai‘i
The Hawaiʻi Data Science Institute in collaboration with the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Department of Information and Computer Sciences offers a undergraduate Data Science Certificate program.
The certificate program provides students and industry professionals with training in modern computational tools for manipulating, visualizing, and extracting insights from data. This programming-intensive program prepares students to work in the high-demand, lucrative field of data science.
A Masterʻs in Data Science is not yet in place at UH Mānoa but it is most certainly on our radar.
In the meantime, there are a number of classes that are offered in the Information and Computer Sciences (ICS) department that are highly relevant and popular among other disciplines such as Astronomy, Oceanography, Engineering, Medicine, that will provide the necessary background in Data Science.
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- ICS 102 – Introduction to Data Science
- ICS 235 – Machine Learning Methods
- ICS 422 – Network Science Methodology
- ICS 434 – Data Science Fundamentals
- ICS 435 – Machine Learning Fundamentals
- ICS 484 – Data Visualization
- DATA 235 (ICS 235) – Machine Learning Methods
- DATA 434 (ICS 434)- Data Science Fundamentals
- DATA 435 (ICS 435)- Machine Learning Fundamentals
- DATA 484 (ICS 484/ACM484)- Data Visualization
For more details please refer to:
University of Hawai‘i at Hilo
UH Hilo offers a Data Science Certificate.
Learn more at https://hilo.hawaii.edu/catalog/data-science-cert
High Performance Computing Resources
University of Hawai‘i students across all 10 UH campuses have access to free high performance computing resources.
Learn more at datascience.hawaii.edu/hpc