The HI-DSI Fellowship Program is a training initiative that funds Graduate Assistants (GAs) or Undergraduate Fellows to further their knowledge in the theory, techniques and applications of data science.
HI-DSI Fellows are undergraduate or graduate students. They work closely with domain scientists and data science methodology experts in cross-disciplinary settings to tackle a diverse array of issues. They have access to a suite of training tools in Data Science. Data Science Fellows participate in “Data Science Fridays” for professional development and enjoy seminars from experts and guest speakers throughout the year.
The HI-DSI Fellow program is a semester- or year-long program with the following elements:
- Participation in a research immersion with a domain scientist faculty member using advanced data science techniques to address a cutting-edge research question;
- in critical data science competencies through completion of a series of web-based training applications and collaboration with practicing data scientists;
- Career development and mentoring opportunities;
- Integration into a community of practice centered around the use of data science to address pressing regional, national and global science problems.
- Reflection, evaluation and self-assessment.
- Data management
- Career Development
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year fellows are closed. Please sign-up for our mailing list or check back in January 2023 to be notified of when fellows applications reopen.