Log Analytics for Cybersecurity Workshop
The Log Analytics for Cybersecurity Workshop is a 2-day hands-on workshop with the aim of equipping IT professionals, data scientists (including scientists and researchers dealing with very large log data), and IT-savvy business analyst with the latest log analytics skills focusing on cybersecurity applications. In particular, this workshop will help the participant to
- Understand the different kinds of log analytics technologies and platforms available today (including ELK & Splunk)
- Compare and choose a log analytics technology and platform suitable for their requirements,
- Ingest log data from devices into log analytics system
- Use log analytics technology to manage and analyze log data
- Understand how log analytics is important to cybersecurity
- Apply log analytics to address cybersecurity problems: what kind of logs, what kind of analytics, incidence investigation.
- Explain the log analytics tools and technology choices to their organization
The workshop will be taught by leading industry experts in the respective technology.
This workshop is a pilot leading towards a 5-day big data summer school in 2019.
$350 discounted workshop fee for State of Hawai’i employees.
* Hawai`i State ETF Micro available for private sector employees.
* Coffee/tea breaks and lunch are included. Parking is not included.
|Date & Time||Topic||Instructor|
|Thu 8:30-9AM||Registration & check-in||Zach Heilbron, FireEye Inc.|
|Thu 9-9:30 AM||Opening Remarks|
|Thu 9:30-10:30 AM||Session 1: Overview of the log analytics problem, technology and platforms|
|Thu 10:30-10:45 AM||Coffee/Tea Break|
|Thu 10:45 AM -12:15 PM||Session 2: ELK stack|
|Thu 12:15 - 1:15 PM||Lunch|
|Thu 1:15 - 2:45 PM||Session 3: ELK stack|
|Thu 2:45 - 3 PM||Coffee/Tea Break|
|Thu 3 - 4:30 PM||Session 4: Splunk|
|Fri 9-10:30 AM||Session 5: Overview of Log Analytics for Cybersecurity||Instructor TBD|
|Fri 10:30-10:45 AM||Coffee/Tea Break|
|Fri 10:45 AM -12:15 PM||Session 6:|
|Fri 12:15 - 1:15 PM||Lunch|
|Fri 1:15 - 2:45 PM||Session 7:|
|Fri 2:45 - 3 PM||Coffee/Tea Break|
|Fri 3 - 4:30 PM||Session 8:|
|Fri 4:30-5 PM Pau||Hana Mixer|