Frontera Fellowship Applications due Feb 18, 2022
The deadline for application is February 18, 2022.
Fellowship at a Glance
The Frontera fellowship program provides a year-long opportunity for talented graduate students to compute on the most powerful academic supercomputer in the world and collaborate with experts at the Texas Advanced Computing Center. The dates for the fellowship are June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2023.
· 50,000 node-hours on Frontera.
· Paid summer residence at TACC.
· Training on the latest tools, topics, and trends in advanced computing.
· Collaboration with highly motivated researchers and graduate students.
· Networking with academic and industry professionals.
· Presentation and publication opportunities.
STIPEND: Fellows will also receive a $34,000 stipend, up to $12,000 in tuition allowance throughout the year, and travel support to present research results at a Frontera user community event and/or professional conference.
ELIGIBILITY: Applications will only be accepted from students who are studying in the United States or its territories at a U.S. institution. Applicants must also:
· Be enrolled as a graduate student at the time of application
· Have completed at least one year of their graduate program as of March 2022
· Have a plan of research on the dissertation topic approved by the PhD committee at the time of application. The research must include a computational component.
· Have at least one full year remaining in their program as of June 2022
· Be able to spend the summer semester in residence at TACC in the year of award
Applications will be evaluated based on:
· Related experience and service
· Research plan and its use of advanced computing resources
· Letters of reference
· Projects that support multidisciplinary research
TACC is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and disability status to apply.
Questions? See Application Instructions and the FAQ.